Saturday, August 28, 2010

I Just Have Today....


Have you ever made plans for near and distant future? Well, I have. I have made great plans for distant future(owning my own company) and small plans for near future(getting that brand new cell phone). There are times when I spend an entire evening just making plans, setting goals, looking for alternatives etc.

So, do I achieve my goals? To be truthful, most of the time, yes.

I know what I have, and what I need to make my tomorrow the way I want it to be. Sure, there will always be unforeseen situations and hurdles between me and my goal. But I have TODAY.

It's the only day I have control over. Its the only day where I can execute my plans and my actions. Its the only day where I can live the way I want. Its the only day through which I can make a difference in my life and in others lives. Its today.

Every day, inch by inch I move towards my goal. A lot of us say "One day at a time..." but how many of us truly believe it? How many among us actually take one day at a time and live in that day fully, without brooding about their past or worrying about their future?

I control my future and I control my past, by this simple method: I control my TODAY and live it to the fullest.

I just have today, and so do you. Make most of it before it becomes yesterday....

No comments:

Post a Comment